Thank you for your interest! We are always excited to work with community organizations and individuals who want to devote their time and efforts to help veterans and others who are homeless.
Here are just a few ways to lend a hand:
- Painting, gardening, and other beautification projects at housing sites in Oakland, Alameda, and Berkeley
- Hosting a drive at your school or workplace: socks, food, hygiene supplies, gift cards, school supplies . . . the sky’s the limit!
- Sponsoring a family for the holidays – providing gifts for the children and potentially a meal basket
- Hosting a barbecue, picnic, or other meal for our veterans at their housing sites
- Working one-on-one with veterans on building financial skills, creating a budget, preparing a resume, or learning computer skills
- Leading classes and groups, such as arts and crafts, walking groups, chess/checkers clubs, and more
- Offering pro bono legal and financial services
- Assembling bagged lunches or hygiene kits for our outreach team to distribute to people on the street
If you’re interested, please contact Katie Derrig at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!