Thank you for your interest! Make a difference in the lives of those who have served our country. You help us further our mission to compassionately serve our Veterans in need of support. Donating your time and talents – even a small amount – has the potential to create lasting effects in the lives of individuals and families. Being a grassroots organization, our volunteers are our foundation. Here are just a few ways in which to lend a hand.
- Interior and exterior painting at all housing sites in Oakland, Alameda, and Berkeley
- Gardening and planning at all housing sites in Oakland, Alameda, and Berkeley
- Annual Drive for Backpacks and School Supplies in July/August
- On-going youth activities such as tutoring, arts and crafts, music appreciation, tabletop game events, movie nights, etc.
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays – Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.
- Sponsorship of BBQs and community building events for our veterans 3x/year
- Cooking/providing meals for the veterans at House of Dignity
- Share life skills with our veterans and families like budgeting, nutrition, parenting and computer skills
- Pro bono legal and financial services for veteran needs
- Community events for our Veterans to participate (sporting events, etc.)
- Sponsorship of vocational training programs or opportunities for veterans
- Classes to help support recovery and healing, like yoga, meditation, painting, read and/or writing, safe sex education and general well-being
If you’re interested, please contact us by filling out the form below. We would love to hear from you!