We are currently NOT accepting hygiene kits in the short term. We will provide an update as circumstances change.
We always need the items listed below to help keep the veterans and others in our programs safe, warm, fed, and on their way to a new home.
If you have questions about a donation or want to arrange a drop-off, e-mail email@example.com or call (510) 287-8465.
No time to pick up items yourself? Check out our Amazon wish list and the items you select will be shipped directly to us!
Direct Participant Support
We serve more than 800 people each year in our housing and outreach programs. Your gifts will provide these individuals with supplies for their new home, transportation to jobs, clothes to wear, and much more.
- Gift cards (for gas, groceries, clothing) in denominations of $5 – $25
- Event tickets (movies, water parks)
- Transportation tickets (BART, AC Transit, Clipper)
- Board games and books
- New dish sets/cookware
- New Clothing
- Socks (especially tube socks)
- Heavy jackets
- We are NOT taking baby clothes or any S, XS, etc. sized clothes
- New Linens
- Sleeping bags
- Twin size bedding
- Mattress covers
- First Aid supplies (bandages, antibiotic cream, kits)
- Lip balm
- Shaving cream
- Moisturizing lotion
- Hand sanitizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Masks (cloth or disposable)
We prepare three daily meals at our 54-unit House of Dignity in Oakland, and distribute more than 1,000 snacks or lunches each month to people who are homeless and on the street.
- Bottled water
- Pre-bagged lunches (with a sandwich, snack, fruit, and beverage)
- MREs or other ready to eat meals
- Canned goods with and without pop tops
- Individually packaged nuts and trail mixes
- Individually packaged chips and crackers
- Protein bars/granola bars
- Protein/meats to cook (chicken, beef, fish, pork)
- Fresh/frozen fruits and vegetables
- Condiments (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, jam)
- Bread products (sliced bread or buns)
- Peanut butter
As a non-profit, we devote the great majority of our funding directly into programs and supporting the people we serve. Your donations of operational supplies help us build capacity and serve more people in need.
- Vehicles for mobile outreach and agency transport (vans, small trucks)
- Printing services for marketing materials, letterhead, business cards, and vehicle/building signs
- New computers, laptops, tablets, and cell phones
- Pro bono legal and professional services