If you are experiencing homelessness and are:
. . . a U.S. veteran?
Here’s how to contact us for more information about our transitional housing programs:
- Call us at (510) 287-8465.
- Stop by our main office at 3850 San Pablo Ave., Suite 102, Emeryville, CA 94608, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You can click HERE to download our transitional housing program application and fill it out before your visit if you are interested in applying. However, you can also fill it out at our office after speaking with our team.
It will help us help you faster if you have all or most of the documents below. If you don’t have all the paperwork listed below, don’t worry. Please still come in.
- Proof of Service letter or a DD214 (obtained through the Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Photo identification
- Social security card
- Proof of income (if any)
- FAMILY APPLICANTS ONLY: Birth certificate(s) and social security card(s) for any minors under the age of 18
We try to enroll veterans who qualify into transitional housing as soon as possible, but it can take a few days to confirm eligibility with the VA. If you need an emergency shelter bed tonight, try calling the VA Oakland Homeless Triage Line at (510) 453-8478. The VA can refer you to a shelter bed (if available) at Operation Dignity or another community partner.
. . . not a veteran?
Our street outreach team has drop-in hours on Wednesdays between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. for people seeking services. You can also call 2-1-1 for information about shelter, housing resources, and other services.
Please note that our available housing for non-veterans is extremely limited, and we may only be able to help with referrals and information about other services.